Recent apps is a feature introduced in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich that makes it very easy to switch between running apps on the phone. To access recent apps in order to multitask:
- Press and hold the Home button for about two seconds.
- A list of recent, running apps will be displayed.
- Scroll up and down the list.
- Touch on any of the recent apps to jump to that app.
- To close the app simply swipe to the right.
If you’re not running Android 4.0 or later, consider downloading some of the Multitasking Apps for the Playstore such as “Swapps”.
To multitask on an iphone:
- Double tap the home button.
- A list of recent, running apps will be displayed in the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll the list by flicking right.
- Tap the app to open it.