One of the apps I have found especially handy is Dropbox. It is basically a cloud storage facility that allows you access your data from various devices such as desktops, notebooks & smartphones.
Dropbox is available free for 2GB of storage. Download the desktop app to sync your computer & the smartphone app to sync your phone. Once installed you can access the same virtual folder from either device.
1. Dropbox uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256 bit encryption.
2. Shared folders allow people to work together on the same documents.
3. They keep a one-month history of your work to enable recovery. Any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted.
4. It works even when offline, so you always have your files, whether or not you have a connection..
5. Dropbox transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
6. A Dropbox 2GB account is free! Download from http://db.tt/UTJBpm4